The Fund Accounting reports are based on the fund and account codes associated with the accounting records. They are similar to the General Ledger reports except for the use of the fund instead of the department. This allows an alternative view of the business to be generated, such as by location or by functional responsibility.
The Job/Project Accounting reports are based on the job, account and activity codes associated with the accounting records. This provides for full Activity Based Costing (ABC) by adding the activity as an additional dimension. These reports are on an accrual basis.
All modules are forced to commit balanced accounting entries where debits equal credits. However, the General Journal allows entries specific to the General Ledger/Fund Accounting and Job Costing to be separately specified, if required. Similarly, the General Journal allows entries on either an accrual or cash basis or both.
Abelisk is a rules driven system where you set the rules.
Abelisk™ Financial & Job/Project Reporting Module Advantages
- Financial Statements are completely configurable where you define the format, text and content of the reports. This allows the Trial Balance, Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Cash Flow Statement to have multiple formats and details as needed by management
- Financial Statements can be generated on either an accrual or cash basis
- Financial Statements can be generated in either home currency or an alternate currency
- Unrealized gains/losses on foreign currency accounts are automatically reported in the financial statements
- Financial Statements can be at the major account level or include the sub account detail.
- Fiscal years/periods can be selected for including in the financial statements, including multi-year reports
- Totals and Running Totals can be inserted at whatever level is needed
- Accounting details reports are available to display the records behind each financial statement, including transaction number, date, PO number, reference, description, source module, customer or vendor ID, bank usage, commit batch number and reference along with the accrual and cash amounts in home, alternate and foreign currencies and quantities by both fiscal periods and reporting periods
- Job/Project Accounting Reports are similarly configurable and allow reports to be generated by:
- Account and activity;
- Activity and account;
- At the account level without the activity detail;
- At the activity level without the account detail;
- Job/Project Accounting Reports are generated on an accrual basis
- Job/Project Accounting Reports can be generated in home currency or an alternate currency
- Jobs can have pre-defined start and end periods or the fiscal years/periods of the reports can be defined
- Multi-year job/project accounting reports can be defined
- Major, sub and minor accounts can be selected for inclusion in reports
- Accounting details reports are available for the records behind each job/project accounting report, including transaction number, date, PO number, reference, description, source module, customer or vendor ID, commit batch number and referenc along with accrual amounts in home, alternate and foreign currencies and quantities by both fiscal periods and reporting periods